The Aquatic Invaders Attack Pack is a rucksack filled with materials to help teach students and other groups about Great Lakes aquatic invasive species (AIS), the problems they cause and what can be done about them. Each pack includes preserved specimens of some of the most problematic AIS in the Great Lakes, rugged plastic fact sheets and a classroom guide. Additional materials are below. The packs are designed to complement the Nab the Aquatic Invaders! website hosted by Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant.
The Attack Packs were created by the UW Sea Grant Institute with Center for Great Lakes Literacy funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.
Attack Pack Lesson Plans, from the Great Lakes Sea Grant Network:
- Beat the Barriers
- Beware! Invaders!
- Don’t Stop for Hitchhikers
- Great Lakes Invasive Species
- Great Lakes Most Wanted
- Invader Species of the Great Lakes
- Rival for Survival – Game board
- Ruffe Musical Chairs
- Seeing Purple: A Population Explosion
- What are the Characteristics of the Great Lakes Exotic Species