Attention Educators in the Lake Huron Watershed!
Want to connect your students with hands-on learning opportunities that support stewardship and address standards? Join this Great Lakes & climate change focused professional learning opportunity: the Lake Huron Place-Based Stewardship Education Teacher Summer Institute.
- Visit bit.ly/2023institute for more information.
The Lake Huron Place-Based Stewardship Education Summer Institute is designed to enhance educator understanding of the Great Lakes and climate change through:
- Making connections to the Great Lakes through Great Lakes Literacy, stewardship, and hands-on learning experiences
- Developing a robust place-based stewardship education project
- Identifying local community needs and strengthening school and community partnerships
- Exploring climate change communication tools and mitigation strategies
When: 1:00 pm, July 17, 2023 through 3:00 pm, July 19, 2023
Where: Au Gres, MI, lodging provided
Educator Support: Participants receive a $500 stipend to support youth engagement in 2023-24 school year
- Apply by June 2 by registering here at bit.ly/2023institute
Funding for this institute and project stipends are provided by the Center for Great Lakes Literacy, the Northeast Michigan MiSTEM Network, and the Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative (NEMIGLSI).