Event Dates: July 12-18, 2015
Event location: Lake Michigan
Intended Audience: Grade 4-12 teachers and non-formal educators.
Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been selected by March 31, 2015.
The Center for Great Lakes Literacy, Great Lakes Sea Grant Network and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency invite 4th-12th grade teachers and non-formal educators who:
- Are willing to incorporate Great Lakes science in their teaching, and
- Work at educational institutions that have Great Lakes exhibits or conduct Great Lakes programming.
Join us for a week-long workshop and work side-by-side with scientists on the US EPA R/V Lake Guardian.
- Explore lake ecology, geology, geography, weather, and biochemical processes,
- Study plankton, benthic organisms, and water quality,
- Examine curricula and resources that will bring Great Lakes and ocean literacy activities to your classroom,
- Build professional networks with Great Lakes educators and scientists.
Still have questions? Check out our workshop FAQs.
Target audience: Grade 4-12 teachers and non-formal educators.
Cost? Stipend? Travel costs? Credits?: See FAQs in event description for complete information.
For more information: Contact Terri Hallesy at email@example.com or 217-244-8809.